Hours by appointment
I wish that I could spend my days doing bodywork for love, but I can't yet convince the world to let me pay for everything with shiatsu and massage. So I have to charge. A sliding scale is available for those in financial distress.
Whether it's shiatsu, massage, cupping, acupressure, reiki, whatever modality we're building the session around, the fees are the same:
- $90 for an hour-long session.
- Shorter sessions are available for a lower cost. A forty minute session still allows time to address problem areas and overall stress, for just $60 (Home office only.)
- Need a quick treatment for a stiff neck or other specific simple problem, or want to try my services with a low commitment? You'll be amazed at how effective just 20 minutes of Asian Bodywork Therapy or massage can be, for just $30. (Home office only.)
- Or treat yourself with an extended 80 minute session for $120
Additional fee applies for house-calls, see below.
Tipping is not expected but is always appreciated. Your generosity helps me offer a sliding scale to those in need of assistance.
A sliding scale is available for those in financial distress.
I offer a $10 discount on 60 minute or longer sessions for:
- retired senior citizens
- professional or volunteer firefighters and EMTs, and to nurses (in honor of the memory of Leonard and Bertha Swiss, and William and Marian Hobbs)
- military veterans (in honor of the memory of Mark Swiss)
- college students
- Seido karate students (please note that students under 18 must provide a parental release)
I’m happy to offer shiatsu, massage, and acupressure at your location. Home, office, hotel -- even hospital and hospice visits can be arranged with physician approval. (For hospital or hospice visits I can also make payment plan arrangements so that you or your loved one can get the care they need now.) I do try to schedule such visits outside of rush-hour traffic.
Since a house-call involves travel and setup time plus gas, vehicle mileage, and possibly tolls and parking, which put a considerable overhead on a one-hour session, I must charge an additional fee. This is based on location by zip code:
- Zone 1: $25. Catonsville, UMBC, Arbutus, Halethorpe, Ellicott City, Elkridge, and the Rt 40 and Rt 144 corridors in West Baltimore (Hunting Ridge, Uplands, etc.).
- Zone 2: $40. Baltimore Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Federal Hill. BWI, Glen Burnie, Linthicum Heights, Dorsey, Hanover. Columbia, Jessup, Clarksville, Woodstock, and Woodmark.
- Zone 3: $60. Other areas of Baltimore City and Howard County. Other areas of southern Baltimore County (outside of the "Hereford Zone"). Annapolis, Millersville, and Crownsville. Annapolis Junction, Laurel Park, Savage, Severn, Laurel, and Fort Meade.
- Zone 4: $99. Northern Baltimore County ("Hereford Zone"). Other areas of Anne Arundel and Carrol Counties. Southwest Harford County along I-95: Belcamp, Bel Air, Joppa, Edgewood, Abington, Aberdeen. Mt. Airy, Frederick, Monrovia, and New Market along I-70. Northern DC Beltway at the junction with I-95 / Baltimore-Washington Parkway corridor: Greenbelt, College Park, Silver Spring.
Note that this fee is per trip, not per session -- I can travel to your location and do sessions for more than one member of your household in one trip.
(If you would like to arrange a house-call outside of these areas, please contact me.)
Gift certificates are available, and can be purchased on-line, by mail, or in person.
Cash or check (made out to “Tom Swiss”) is greatly preferred because it does not incur processing costs, but if necessary I can accept credit cards via PayPal.