Hours by appointment
I wish that I could spend my days doing bodywork for love, but I can't yet convince the world to let me pay for everything with shiatsu and massage. So I have to charge. (A sliding scale is available for those in financial distress.)
Fees are the same for all modalities:
$75 for an hour-long session.
$40 for ½ hour session. Need a quick treatment for a stiff neck or other specific simple problem, this is the deal for you. (Home office only.)
I’m happy to offer shiatsu, massage, and acupressure at your location. Home, office, hotel -- even hospital and hospice visits can be arranged with medical approval. (For hospital or hospice visits I can also make payment plan arrangements.) I do try to schedule such visits outside of rush-hour traffic.
Since a house-call involves travel and setup time plus gas, vehicle mileage, and possibly tolls and parking, which put a considerable overhead on a one-hour session, I must charge an additional fee. This is based on location by zip code:
- Zone 1: $25. Catonsville, UMBC, Arbutus, Halethorpe, Ellicott City, Elkridge, and the Rt 40 and Rt 144 corridors in West Baltimore (Hunting Ridge, Uplands, etc.).
- Zone 2: $35. Baltimore Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Federal Hill. BWI, Glen Burnie, Linthicum Heights, Dorsey, Hanover. Columbia, Jessup, Clarksville, Woodstock, and Woodmark.
- Zone 3: $50. Other areas of Baltimore City and Howard County. Other areas of southern Baltimore County (outside of the "Hereford Zone"). Annapolis, Millersville, and Crownsville. Annapolis Junction, Laurel Park, Savage, Severn, Laurel, and Fort Meade.
- Zone 4: $90. Northern Baltimore County ("Hereford Zone"). Other areas of Anne Arundel and Carrol Counties. Southwest Harford County along I-95: Belcamp, Bel Air, Joppa, Edgewood, Abington, Aberdeen. Mt. Airy, Frederick, Monrovia, and New Market along I-70. Northern DC Beltway at the junction with I-95 / Baltimore-Washington Parkway corridor: Greenbelt, College Park, Silver Spring.
Note that this fee is per trip, not per session -- I can travel to your location and do sessions for more than one member of your household in one trip.
(If you would like to arrange a house-call outside of these areas, please contact me.
Gift certificates are available, and can be purchased on-line, by mail, or in person.
I offer a $10 discount on one-hour sessions for:
- retired senior citizens
- professional or volunteer firefighters and EMTs, and to nurses (in honor of the memory of Leonard and Bertha Swiss, and William and Marian Hobbs.)
- college students
- Seido karate students (please note that students under 18 must provide a parental release)
Tipping is not expected but is always appreciated. Your generosity helps me offer a sliding scale to those in need of assistance.
A sliding scale is available for those in financial distress.
Cash or check (made out to “Tom Swiss”) is greatly preferred because it does not incur processing costs, but if necessary I can accept credit cards via PayPal.